Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Abell 1656: Coma supercluster

Uranium235

This has been my "warm up" target for the past few nights while waiting for M81 to cross the meridian. I only used the 80mm on it, but it still picked up galaxies all the way down to magnitude 16.

At least half of the objects here are galaxies, mostly elliptical, but with a few spirals thrown in, and with a mean distance of 321 Mly its probably my deepest shot yet. Though it could use more subs to reduce the noise.

I thought about trying to name each galaxy in this shot, but it would take ages! :D

Abell 1656: Coma supercluster

SW ED80, Atik 314L+, SW 0.85 FF/FR

11x300, 7x450, 6x600 (L)

Setpoint -10

Guiding hassle: Zero

attachment.php?attachmentid=55883&stc=1&d=1302420339

Thanks for looking :rolleyes:

post-18171-133877560791_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys :D

I'd like to add more to it tonight, it depends on where the moon will park itself. But I think it will be just about ok(ish) to run without LP filters for another night.

Gotta say, its been a cracking week for taking pics. Why couldnt it have been like this a couple of months ago?? Weve had more clear sky this week than the last 3 months put together!... not that im complaining :rolleyes:

Archived