Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dark Lib - Again

johnb

Hi

Im aware the question of a darks library has been asked before and there are different opinions however

Since using Backyard EOS each in the file name for each darks in addition to the exposure time there is also the sensor temp ie:

M3_DARK_300s_800iso_+17c_20110407-01h23m44s

Is there any reason why these cant be used to form a Lib ? and resuse if the specs on exposure, ISO and temp match ?

I would get so much more imaging time

Regards

John B

John, I think I’ll take a good stab at answering your question :D

BackyardEOS uses Exiftool to add meaningful data to your .cr2 files such as target name, current weather information, etc.

Dark Library does not use Exiftool to read the exif data; instead it reads the specific bytes where the temperature is located. When BackyardEOS adds the data it may push the location where Dark Library reads its data further away in the exif headers… which leads to Dark Library no longer being able to read properly. If Dark Library would read the exif data using the popular Exiftool this would be a non issue.

However, I have included a way out in BackyardEOS; simply unchecked the “Add Exif Data” checkbox in the Setting dialogue in BackyardEOS. You will not lose any functions in BackyardEOS by doing so aside from the fact that the exif data will be unaltered and Dark Library will be able to read them.

Hope this helps,

Guylain

However, I have included a way out in BackyardEOS; simply unchecked the “Add Exif Data” checkbox in the Setting dialogue in BackyardEOS. You will not lose any functions in BackyardEOS by doing so aside from the fact that the exif data will be unaltered and Dark Library will be able to read them.

I cant find were to uncheck this in setting anywere ?

John B

Archived