Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon EOS 350D Serial Remote Shutter Problem

SniffTheGlove

I have built myself a Serial remote shutter cable today to allow DSLR Shutter and APT to control the sequence and exposures but I am having a problem to which I can not find a solution.

The serial cable I have made is using a SFH618-2 opto-isolator design, a IN4148 Signal Diode, 1 LED, 2 resistors and a 2.5mm stereo jack.

I have tested the cable out with it not plugged into the 350D and the PC running DSLR Shutter runs OK and the LED lights up indicating when the exposures are being done, that part all works fine.

So I plug the 2.5jack intot he remote shutter socket on the 350D.

According to the EOS 350D manual, to use the remote shutter you just put the camera into TIMER/REMOTE mode by pressing the Drive Mode Selection Button. Now when DSLR Shuuter runsand sends the signal to open the shutter the 350D starts it's 10 Seconds countdown (flashes it's white light) and then takes the exposure at the end of the countdown. How can I stop this 10 second timer from happening on the remote shutter function. I would of thought that as soon as the 350D get a signal to open the shutter it would just do that and not do a 10seconds countdown.

I can not see anything in the manual or in the menu settings. I just want the 350D to open and close the shutter without the 10 second countdown.

Any help would be great.

If you want to use the Canon IR Remote Shutter release, you need to set the camera into TIMER/REMOTE mode. But, if you are using a wired release, then the normal setting is fine.

Callum

Thanks, I tried putting the drive mode back to single and it works fine, I was obviously getting confused with the manual.

Have now do 6 x 1min exposures and it great, now the package up the little wired circuit and package into a small plastic box ready for usage.

Thanks again.

Archived