NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Intes Mak-Newtonians

Does anyone have any experience of using an Intes (or Intes Micro or Orion Argonaut) Mak-Newtonian ?. They seem to offer the prospect of true all-round performance combining high-resolution with short(ish) focal length, reasonable aperture (I'm thinking about 6 inch) and a small secondary but I'm wondering, as they are still a little "unusual", what they are like to actually own and use - particularly with regard to cool-down times, mounting and collimation.

I've read the reviews around the net which all point to a useful, if unconventional, scope - I'm wondering if anyone has any 1st hand experiences of these scopes to add.

Thanks,

John

Russ has one but he doesn't post here too much anymore. Most people speak very highly of them, but if it's an Intes figure on buying a new focuser along with the scope.

Thanks Gaz - one of the ones I'm thinking about has the JMI focusser upgrade which is supposed to be top notch.

I'm not rushing into this one though - think I'll go and have a look at one before I decide.

John

HI JOHN, I have a 8" Intes mak newt and they are fantastic scopes, The contrast is unreal, Everything that is said about these scopes is true 19% obstruction, I am going to test the Intes against my 7" Astro Physics apo and i dont really expect the Astro Physics to be any better in truth it would not supprise me if the Intes is as good The mak newt i have is the deluxe 1/10 wave with astro sytal mirror the only thing that lets this scope down is the focuser I have this scope mounted at all times and the A/P Apo sat in it's box. :rolleyes:

John a Intes scope has just been put on buysell with a EQ6 mount for£750 :wink:

I think its a typo for £1750, I've Emailed the seller to tell him I'll buy it just in case it isn't. Wish me luck...... :rolleyes:

Good luck Gaz. I reckon you are right about the typo though ... there is a Orion Argonaut (same as an Intes MN61) OTA on Astro Buy and Sell for £590 which seems more likely. An MN66 was on flea-bay recently for £550 and got no takers - that one had the JMI focusser upgrade as well !.

John

• 4 months later...

im just geting my intes 61 this weekend hope it lives up to expectations

i have a jmi ngf mini to put on when i get the adapter plate from jmi

anyone one out there in the wakefiled area have a workshop handy :wink:

Archived