what mount for this?

Unless you are prepared to dismount it from it's forks, you will need to find a suitable vintage C8 tripod and wedge.

If you remove it from the forks then you will need to add a full length dovetail bar to the tube and then a CG5 mount (with the 2" steel tube tripod) should hold it well enough for visual work.

I'll be honest and say that I think the scope is overpriced at the "buy it now" price. A couple of years back I paid £350 for a much younger C8 which came complete with a heavy duty Celestron field tripod and wedge.

The older C8's have their charms but you need to be sure that you are not going to be suffering from mirror flop, image shift and the other ailments that can afflict a 40 year old SCT.

It's actually a tradition in some American states to give a small item of food when selling an heirloom. Good luck I think.

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure it's there for scale.. so you know how big the scope is :icon_eek:

Archived