Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horizon 8115 question

MrsR

The adjustment hinge that the L bracket attaches to on this tripod (sorry cannot think of the correct term for it) - does it move quite easily when bins are attached to it?

I used a basic camera tripod last night and felt it was a constant battle moving it around the entire time and just ruined the night for me.

Maybe the tensions on the random tripod I used last night were not great then - they didn't seem to move easily, as long as I know the tensions on the Horizon are easily changable then that is great.

i had the same issue when i baught mine a while back.

figured it out by setting up and tinkering on a cloudy night in front of the box, a highly recommended scientific research method :)

give it a go, you wont break it, the Horizon is simple in its construction B)

Hi MrsR

I have now used 3 different Tripods and on all 3 this has not been a problem although I'm not sure if one of them was the Horizon. Once the L bracket is firmly screwed onto the quick release foot plate the foot plate should locate snuggly into the socket on the tripod with no play. The locking lever should then secure it in place. I'm sure you can rely on the Horizon to give you wobble free viewing.

Kind Rgds

Rob

Archived