Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

bad show

Adamski

No better in Cumbria adamski. Was great all afternoon, beer in the garden at sunset and left the scope out to cool. cooked tea, watched telly and back out...still ok. took a few minutes to get the polar align done and the drive plugged in and whammo in came the clouds. :):(B) Hacked off now as I had a nap this afternoon in anticipation so not even a bit sleepy.

crossing fingers, toes , ears and everything else for tomorrow, 7 timer says clear. I'm away all week, every week more or less and its been eons since i had a clear night on my 1 or 2 night weekend. Seems to have been like this for months...will it ever clear again?

I was all set to get out tonight given the forecast for clear sky before midnight, despite feeling somewhat tired having spent a good four hours hunting patches of acceptable seeing between the clouds last night. Sadly I've just watched a thin veil of cloud drift in from the south over about 50% of the sky. I'm half-tempted to put the scope away and get a decent night's sleep instead, but the forecast is now for clear sky around 1am and I can't quite decide whether I want to gamble on it or have another couple of glasses of wine...

James

Archived