Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hercules cluster

Adamski

hello everyone,

I'll start on a happy theme and say that i eventually found the great cluster last night after staying up especially, i wasn't polar aligned and just sighted looking down the length of my scope, took a while but got there in the end. on a not so happy note i had to go to a&e today after my tooth pulling scenario this week, they said it's a dry socket, which means the gums don't fill in the hole where the tooth was, then they decided to scrape the bone to encourage bleeding, still no good so she decided to start on the surrounding gum which was horrendous " you don't need anaesthetic" she said." AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH " I said. Then she rolled up a little ball of seaweed and stuffed it in the cavity and sent me on my way worse than i was before.

Thanks for letting me offload all that.

Adamski

Sorry to hear of your awful experience. At least its over now. Hope ur gums behave, treat em well. Do you have one of them electric tooth brushes? They are good for your gums ;-)

M13 was my first ever DSO, nice was sight through my 120mm frac. Awesome sight in my 10" reflector

Matt

Sounds not so much like the tooth fairy, but the tooth witch!

I love the hercules cluster. Last night was the first sight this year for me - takes magnification so well.

This was the first time I have had a chance to compare it using a 12" rather than the 6" I had last year. Takes loads of magnification - eventually got down to my 5mm planetary which it completely filled.

Happy bunny.

Was nearly overhead at 5am, you could spot it by eye. Certainly is stunning in !0" scope.

I always say "goodnight /morning to Hercules", it's a lovely constellation. Try for M92, a fainter globular cluster on top of his head.

Archived