NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ir/uv blocking filter

just looking on the morgans website thinking of getting the philips webcam,and noticed they did the ir/uv filter.is this filter any good or should i be thinking of gettin a better one,if so which ones should i be looking at.

cheers

dave

Hi Dave

I would recommend if you are looking at an uv/ir filter, it's worth while getting a decent one, some filters cut off a small amount of visible light, basically it’s due to quality, and if your using a webcam you’ll need all the photon’s you can get, I learnt that lesson early, I’m not saying splash out loads of money on one, i got a 1.25 inch from astro engineering for £25 and it was very noticeable improvement, i think SnS do one for just under that amount.

Cheers

Si

I bought the webcam kit that Morgans do (might be here today), the kit contains webcam,filter and nosepiece, the kit cost's £36 which i thought was cheap, i think it's worth getting that and see how you get on before spending any big money on something you can't do or not for you which what i'm doing.

Archived