Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 1000D Setup

Set to manual.... and install the Canon Utilities....that's about it.

I actually always use ISO 200 or ISO 400 then I can control the gain rather than the camera.

Oh and a couple of spare batteries and high capacity cards.

2 batteries will last you all night as they recharge faster than they run down with the 1000D ... 4 GB cards should be ample unless your shooting short subs... with 2 4gb cards ayou can change cards the same tiem as you change batteries...

Shoot in RAW or RAW+JPEG... the Jpegs are handy for a quick review or startrails and timelaspse .. but its the Raws that you will want for stacking...

Billy...

And make sure it is set to capture RAW+JPEG - the raw to work on and the JPEG so you can see them easily! And make sure that "Long exposure noise reduction" is OFF. And you can set a delay before the shutter opens so you don't get any shake when you press the button (once you have shutter release this is not needed). And don't forget to take darks (Pictures with the lens cap on that are taken at the same exposure settings and temperature as your "lights"). And.........

EDIT:

Oops! Billy can type faster than me!

Archived