New Top 10 Useful inexpensive things

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you visit any of the sportsdirect stores or order online, you can get the base layer thermals very cheap, espescially at this time of year as they are trying to get rid of the "winter" stock to make way for the summer lines!!!!

Campri tops £6, leggings £6 boxers £3 -- i use these as i work outside and they are fantastic

Dave

I just came back from Tallinn where it ranged between a balmy -10c and -26c and the Campri base layer top and leggings were FANTASTIC! I will definitely be wearing them when observing in the winter.

I have to say this thread has made me chuckle. Although I'm not sure if the OP is planning to start a war with some of the suggestions :icon_scratch:

Brill lol. Off to me first star gazers meeting tonight hopefully and as a total noob that’s fantastic lol, though I have to agree with ROB..... Beer or Wine :icon_scratch:

Main Sequence

Warsash

icon1.gifRe: New Top 10 Useful inexpensive things - 20th June 2011, 03:44 PM

You have missed a few... very important ones

Beer or wine

MP3 Player

For colouring the torch glass if you don't have any red acetate or film. Bit messy though.

If you’re looking for a good cheep head torch with red light then the

UNICOM 3 LED HEAD TORCH

Is brilliant.. I have been using them for work for years and they are only £9.99

• 2 weeks later...

As a newbie who is trying to learn the night sky with a pair of bins, i've found wearing one of them inflatable neck pillows that you use on flights helps. It's a bit more comfortable when i'm observing.

I look ridiculous though! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived