SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Phillips 840K webcam software Help

Hi,

I've had this webcam for a while now and used it many times however not for a while and the software I had for it was saved on an old laptop that packed up and I can find the disk for it.

Does anyone know of any links to the original software that would have come with it or links to any other software that can be used instead.

Cheers

Neil

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

I'm a new member of Stargazer's Lounge. I own the Philips 840k webcam and I have two issues. the first is that I bought a new laptop with windows 7 and when I tried to install the disk I get the error message: "stringnousbstring was not found in string table." I have no idea what this means. The second problem was when I tried to use my old laptop (XP Home Edtition) which worked for many years, the red light didn't stay on. Each time I plugged it into the USB, it blinked red and then went off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use k3ccdtools for this

Art

Hi all.

I'm a new member of Stargazer's Lounge. I own the Philips 840k webcam and I have two issues. the first is that I bought a new laptop with windows 7 and when I tried to install the disk I get the error message: "stringnousbstring was not found in string table." I have no idea what this means. The second problem was when I tried to use my old laptop (XP Home Edtition) which worked for many years, the red light didn't stay on. Each time I plugged it into the USB, it blinked red and then went off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use k3ccdtools for this

Art

The reason why your Toucam ProII 840K won't install on your Win7 laptop is because the camera is not supported (too old). All is not lost, however, because you can modify the camera so that it appears to the computer as a Toucam ProIII SPC900NC. You will need to flash the camera with the SPC900 firmware using the instructions on the link Convert a Toucam Pro to a SPC900NC. After flashing the firmware the camera will be recognised as a SPC900NC and you will be able to use it on your Win7 laptop.

Peter

ps The firmware update should be performed on the XP computer.

Archived