Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

22-03-11 - My First Globular Cluster - M13

CKemu

Very rough and ready polar align tonight, as it was gone midnight when the skies finally cleared up. That and I am still learning how to polar align!

This photo comes from 3x120s lights and 5x120s darks @ ISO3200. Photo taken through a LP filter as I am in the middle of a city.

Focus is out, but I was far to excited to care, this is the first time I have observed and photographed a globular cluster!

M13-Edit_shrunk.jpg

Below is a GIF made out of my sub frames, now considering that the scope was not "properly" polar aligned, I can not explain the sequence of images in terms of bizzare movement, any ideas appreciated! Note: I was indoors and far from the scope, each image is 120s long, with a seperation of 10s.

M13--Movement.gif

Nice image, I do love M13 and really need to get out to capture it myself! As for the movement - not sure.... periodic error? It's amazing how sensitive the scope, maybe somebody was walking nearby in the house?

Who cares - you have caught a globby!!!

Archived