NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

the most stupid question in the world perhaps....

ok guys dont giggle but this is one thing that has eaten at me for a while.

if i ever brought a dob scope for example a 200p dob as an eventual upgrade then decided i didnt like the mount, or would like do delve into astrophotography, would all i need to do is transfer the OTA onto a EQ mount (obviously something like an EQ5 minimum)??

ok guys dont giggle but this is one thing that has eaten at me for a while.

if i ever brought a dob scope for example a 200p dob as an eventual upgrade then decided i didnt like the mount, or would like do delve into astrophotography, would all i need to do is transfer the OTA onto a EQ mount (obviously something like an EQ5 minimum)??

yes you can.... you just need to purchase some rings that will mount the tube to an eq5 mount....

thanks guys, to me it was always one of them things you think "im sure you can" but always have a reasonable amount of self doubt.

....meanwhile im quite happy with my current as i set about learning the skies, thank you

Archived