Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Super Moon ...

Stephen

Well after remote shutter dying from the obvious gravitational pull of the moon - a quick bit of DIY (read bridging the circuit by hand) allowed me to get a couple of photos before the cloud rolled in. Hoping it clear up later but I'm not convinced ...

Fuji S3 at prime focus on Skyliner 200P Dob. No edits at all, as raw as this one gets.

ISO 100, shutter 1/125

post-23057-133877548545_thumb.jpg

I wish I could tune in to your radio station. There's nothing like Floyd on moonlit nights like tonight! Thank you for the compliment on the moon. I am just starting to experiment with the RegiStax program and am becoming quite excited with it! I think I will try and bring down the brightness a little next time.-

Ah I know we're probably a common breed! but it's quite a shame that the guys I go and observe with aren't Floyd fans... I was out about an hour ago listening to shine on, echoes, high hopes and remember a day. I can't wait for some warmer summer nights so i can just lay down on a hilltop somewhere and listen for hours on end under the stars, can't beat it!

Are you stacking images using a hand guided scope? or is your dob one of these fancy auto types?

I have a manual dob as well. I try and remain steady and use RegiStax to stack them. As for Floyd,... Listen, I'm one "of those people" that can quote PF lyrics like some quote the Bible. When you are like me,.. you are not considered a Pink Floyd fan anymore but FLOYDIAN.

I wish you clear skies Dr.Neb and John!

Isabelle

lol i just got a little excited! two of my favourite hobbies colided and it was all too much! look! i'm doing it again......

Anyway! clear skies out at the moment. i'm going to try and bag the moon tonight and play with registax. i doubt it'll compare to the shots we've seen above though!

Archived