Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First pic with my new setup

paul101

hi all

just thought i would post this pic as its the first with my new 200PDS and HEQ5.

Also picked up a Flight case from maplins (£20) and sorted all my bits and bobs.

Long live the clear skys

Hmmm nice:) This is where one of my cross over hobbies of model heli/aircraft flying comes in handy, I now have quite a collection of these (transmitter) cases, you can pick them at most of the shows for £17 if you shop around;)

Hi Paul,

I'm still in my first month of astronomy as a new hobby, I see it co-existing well with the model flying:) I just wish I had more spare time, deeper pockets and my wife off my back re- the hobby clutter......LoL!:)

nice vid malc

i used to enjoy building aircraft more than flying them, plus im in the RAF and fix planes for real so i suppose that makes sense. it used to be a nightmare trying to find the time for flying but at least with the scope im only in the back garden, mine nice and dark to!!

hi all

i have just found a jubilee clamp big enough on the bay. when i get it and knock up a design, ill let you know how it works.

ill put some pics on if its a success.

thanks for the replys

Hi Paul,

Small world as they say as I also wore a blue suit for 24 years and now work for the same employer as a civvy! Model flying when you work at an airfiled is certainly convenient;) I have to say now though that I am also looking at the dark sky potential with good flat horizons for about 300 degrees:D I was on another thread recently where all the motorcycling astro folk were comparing bikes LoL!

Hi Paul...very nice first image. im too from an aviation background....albeit as a pen pusher! if you like concorde then i have a few images in my album. also i too have one of those maplins flight cases, tho you managed to get more in yours!

cheers

bob

Hi Chris

This is just a single image using a Pentax Kx, not stacked. The original image is fantastic, its getting put on a canvas as we speak to celebrate my first real image!!

camera settings were:Shutter speed 1/5000 sec, ISO 800 on manual.

just need some clear nights to start some DSO's

Archived