Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange chequerboard pattern from QHY5v

I got out Sunday night at managed to capture about 120gb of data with my new QHY5v. Everthing seemed to go well with the camera and Eqmosaic made controlling the mount easy.

Attached is a typical processed image from Registax, Avistack also shows the same effect, so I don't think it is a processing issue.

If you open up the image and zoom in you will see a chequerboard pattern across the whole from, alternating in light and darker pixels, not the smooth gradation as you woould get from a DMK etc.

Do I have a problem with the camera or have I missed something in the capture settings. The setting I used were gain 10%, shutter speed 44ms, monochrome and everthing else was left alone. The image was processd in Registax using default settings and no wavelets applied, wavelets just made the image worse.

Peter

post-17907-133877546984_thumb.png

Archived