Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bob's Knobs - Will they cause me a problem?

Hi all,

I have bought Bob's Knobs as I was worried about blundering around the front of the scope with an alum key and doing some damage.

I was advised today by a supplier not to fit them as the scope "won't hold collimation as long or as well" as the manufacturer fitted screws.

Now I'm worried about putting them on as I obviously don't want to make collimation a problem!

Any thoughts/experience of this welcome.....

Thanks,

John

bobs knobs are fine on my sct I very rarely have to collimate and my scope is carried on my back or on a bike trailer, they are also much easier to use than standard screws. I honestly can't see what the problem is they are only screws after all

Bobs Knobs - replacement adjustment screws for those found in the secondary mirror fixing of reflector telescopes. They have small knobs on the end making the process of collimation much easier than using an allen key :)

Archived