Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AstroAdventures - Recommended!

Not sure if this belongs in this section but couldn't find anywhere else!

Last November I was struggling to find a holiday to go on around my birthday, soon finding that most holidays are now quite expensive. So I found from googling a few places to combine holiday with astronomy and settled on AstroAdventures.

The place in in Devon in the middle of nowhere, literally, and very very dark. They have two chalet style lodges which sleep a family of four easily which have great decor, bathrooms and kitchen units. More importantly....

They have two telescopes to use, a 20" dob in a roll off shed and a 6" Newtonian in an observatory on an equatorial mount. I used both of them and it was great, I also took my own scope to use too. It's run my Tony and Morris who live nearby who are very friendly and explain all the equipment and enjoy using it whenever the skies allow.

I recommend this for anyone who wants to get away from work without losing their hobby. Google or them and you will find their website.

Archived