Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42

Mark-mck

Here's my M42 from last night.

unguided

56X30s - 30darks

20X10s - 20 darks

this is my 3rd attempt at M42 and is my last till next winter.

the core's still burned out so i'm not very happy with that but on a happier note i think i'm finally getting my head around the processing side of things.

thanks for looking.

post-24068-133877545987_thumb.jpg

Looking good. nice and clear. Also wondering what camera you used for this.

i've never been able to get the runnign man into my M42 pic unfortunally. But it definally looks better. I'll try to frame it like you did on my bext attempt, though that might not be before next winter for me either... :o

I like It. It's a very clear image. Hopefully this will be one of my first targets when I get some clear sky and a free evening. Rarely seem to get both at the moment. Please excuse my ignorance but what is the running man. Also what software did you use to do the stacking?

Thanks

It's not very easy to see on the original pic, as it's very faint. but did a quick process only to see the running man more clearly so you can see where it is on the original pic. :o

post-22179-13387754665_thumb.jpg

Archived