Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First View of Saturn Last Night

bigglesdad

Hi all.

I got my first view of Saturn last night. I had to wait until it cleared the neighbouring houses, but it was worth the wait. I got it in perfect focus with my 9mm ep. I even managed to use my 15mm ep and 2 x barlow and get it in focus. I was amazed at the detail. I could see a band around the planet and 5 moons, although I couldn't see the cassini division. More time looking and less getting the rest of the family outside to have a look I think!! Bring on Jupiter!

I'm with you. I managed to see it for the first time on Sunday night. Was absolutely amazing the way it seemed to just be hanging there in the blackness. The light pollution was a bit of a pain but it was unmistakably Saturn. Rings and everything.

I was made up. Seem to be a lot of us newbies seeing Saturn for the first time at the moment.

Onwards and upwards :-)

Congrats guy's on finding Saturn yes it's one of many gems in the night sky it's my personal favourite planet of them all with Jupiter running it a a close second and is unmistakable and a sight to behold and remember for a long time in fact is kind of hard to forget you never forget the first time you see it's just stunning.

regards. Rob

...a sight to behold and remember for a long time in fact is kind of hard to forget you never forget the first time you see it's just stunning.

I couldn't agree with you more, Rob. Absolutely gutted it's cloudly tonight.

Paul

Archived