Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DFK 31 Camera help

robindurant

Tried first light on my new DFK31AU COLOUR camera on Saturn last night under good seeing, however the image appears and captures it bright red on the screen. Tried fiddling with the gain and gamma. I am using IC Capture but it is the same on another capture software. I have tried settings Y800 - BY8- YUY2 stiil no good. Tried with Neodymium Filter and without. I tested it during daylight and it works OK !

Any ideas.

Robin

Just to check you have an ir blocking filter as well.... Leaking infrared can make the colour balance go crazy unless you block it out. Otherwise not sure as i have a mono dmk.

Cheers

PEterW

Hi Peter

I did try a IR Blocking filter but that made no difference.

I have been advised by the manufactures that the auto white balance should be turned off and manually set for less on the red setting which seems strange to me as the DFK is designed for astronomical use so the default setting should be ok

Archived