Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W.O. 90mm

Yes, it was more expensive, I bought one soon after they came out. Its been on offer, but the price has gone back up in the States so may be on the way back up here too.. But as a measure of how good it is, I didn't go through the usual 'if only I'd waited' angst as I just thought about how much pleasure I'd had with the scope between the time of buying and the price decrease!

Helen

Quite right Helen. Is it as lovely as it looks in the myriad of photos about??

Sooooo jealous. Now who did i reply to last night....he had one too....hhhmmmppp.

AND you've got a PST also....jee whiz ....santa must love you?!?!?! :D

Cheers, Andy.

Yes, Andy, its VERY nice - a high quality, precision piece of kit, that looks, feels, and works great. And because its so easy to set up I'm getting much more use (or, rather, at the moment I'm even more frustrated that there is no sky to observe!). The PST was purchased as a result of a BAA introduction to Astronomy session where the director of the Solar session gave a talk. She emphasised the advantages over night time viewing (light, warm, easy to see where you put your eyepieces, etc etc) and so it seemed the obvious progression. I'm about to start a career break, so I'm hoping for lots of clear days as well as nights! :sunny: But no more big telescope purchases for quite a while now....!!

Helen

Andy, I can only reiterate what Helen has said about the Megrez 90 - superbly finished, great optics and very portable - mine is getting a lot of use as well. I was lucky - got mine at the special offer price :D

The only thing it lacks is aperture - which is why I have just got a Revelation 8inch Dobsonian to keep it company :p :p

John

Archived