NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Welsh Valleys 4th March

Final details for tonights meet at Brecon Beacons Mountain Centre

A470 to Libanus, then follow signs to BBMC

Time from 1900hrs unwards.

Forecast. Good with 10% cloud (update at 1700)

Will give a final update at 1700 regarding weather

Map details 51.925488,-3.488224

well at the moment it's me and thee...

I w ill be leaving for my trip around the Black Mountains and Carmarthenshire Fans in an hour or so... will be getting there around 5 ish probably

I'll only have the EQ3-pro and fixed tripod with a couple of DSLR's and some L's with me not promising an all nighter...

Peter...

Peter...

I was hoping to come and meet you all, however, I have conjunctivitus in my left eye, so had to cancel, here's hoping for next time

looking at the skies tonight it should be amazing in Brecon tonight,

enjoy guys

hope it went ok tonight was amazing out on the lanes / mountains up bedliog when i was heading towards fochrhiw clear and bright missed ISS cos silly customer noticed me outside watching sky n i had to entertain them with their subs :)

wish i cud av gone!

Well last night has come and gone,other than being a bit disappointed with the numbers, (Me Lynden and Psycobilly) it turned out to be good evening. I would like first of all to give a big thank you to Billy for the help and assistance he gave, not just during the day, but the invaluable information and help during the evening. As always members here have shown their willingness to pass on the expertise. The evening sky was the best I have seen with excellant seeing, just a pity my new mount had not arrived so i could test my new 200pds. This being my first time out in a dark sight made it a big learning curve, fortunatly did not forget anything, even remembered to leave the wife at home.

Was glad to see my mate Lynden get his meade sorted out and working, once again big thanks to Billy.

Even got to see the ISS floating over. And a big shooting star as we arrived passing inside Orion, hope billy got a piccy of it.

With SGL happening next month will hope to meest some folks there.

Oh one other thing, just as we was packing up, another car arrived, not a SGL member but somebody who had seen us on the web.

When he opened the boot of his car I saw a dustbin, inside and thought "What a strange way to transport your scope"

Turns out it was his scope, a blumming big 300 Dob flextobe goto.

Half hour later after we ummmmmmmmmmmmmm helped him assemble it. We got on our way. Did not take a peek through the 300 (me an apeture fever have to have a rest).

Pat your "ethusiasm" is amazing.. It was good to meet you both last night Glad Lynden got to grips with the Meade I actrually "saw" soem objects for the first tiem lastnight as the only time theres an EP in my scopes is for alignment...

Sorry I left early but with ICE on bothe new lenses I decide to call it a night...

Looks likr I will have to "tweak" my dew heaters for the new lenses... the current settings used to "cook" the Nifty 50's but weren't up to handling the bigger lenses at least when the air temp was so low...

Lets hope a few more souls can make it next time...

It looks like we might have had the best of the weather as well... there are 60+ going there tonight "sold out"...

Peter/Billy...

p.s. Know you know the difference between the "pair" of us :)

Glad that worked for you...

Just a little reminder...

A%20Running%20Man%20Startrail.jpg

72x15s @ f/8 ISO 200 Canon 500D with Tamron SR AF 10-24 DiII No LP filter...

Processed in Startrails , Tweaked in CS3...

Now to go an try and find that Meteor..

Looks like the meteor was in the 10s gap I was leaving between frames...

and what might have been...

A single 2min sub through an iced up filter... the last sub before I packed up...

Do%20you%20want%20ice%20with%20that.jpg

120s f4 ISO-400 Baader BCF modified 1000D with Canon 24-105 f4L IS USM @ 35mm

Unguided on an EQ3-Pro...

Another 20-30 without the ice would have been nice :)

Peter...

Archived