Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lovely CLEAR night!!

magic77

Was really good seeing conditions tonight...Managed to find another 3 Messiers, M44 (Praesepe) was easily visible with the naked eye..Found M51 and M101 too...Saturn was also showing nicely...Best part was it was only just below Zero..More than bearable. Spring is here at last!! :)

Was really good seeing conditions tonight...Managed to find another 3 Messiers, M44 (Praesepe) was easily visible with the naked eye..Found M51 and M101 too...Saturn was also showing nicely...Best part was it was only just below Zero..More than bearable. Spring is here at last!! :)

great you managed to get out and find a few more decent objects, no such luck here due to the weather :(

looks like you are about to match my Messier count anytime soon :p

i was walking back from my local Astro society meeting last night at about 10:30. There was a shedload of dew (bordering on light fog) and I was weeping in despair at the LP (a local industrial estate is near me......some firm has put up a shedload of lights. The sky was literally white....even Sirius was barely visible through the murk).

I envy your Snowdonian skies....

I must say i do feel very lucky...But i wouldnt want to live anywhere else..My main passions are Astronomy, Mountain Walking and Biking, Wildlife and Peacefulness...Snowdonia ticks all the boxes...The only downside at the moment is employment!!...But hey ho, ive been able to stay up late!!....Have 3 hour walks every day(dog loves it!!)..This working lark is overrated, but this mortgage wont get paid off on fresh air and Galaxies!!.....:)

Archived