Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonight's effort

Notts star

Good pics Notts - especially considering Jupiter season is nearly over. :)

Btw - did you see the EMS section yet? (East Mids Stargazers). We're local to you and meet regularly when the weathers clear at two dark sites (Sawley/Belper). If you're interested leave an intro in the EMS threads and we'll fill you in.

Just click the link in my signature or choose "Communites" at top of any page and select "Social Groups". :(

Hi Notts star

Just wanted to say I am really enjoying seeing your pics - your Saturn was nice and this is even better. We have the same scope so it's great for me to see what it's capable of, I am hoping to get into imaging a bit myself.

Keep posting the pics! Cheers.

Dave

King- I find that filters help when viewing Jupiter (though at the moment it is so low in the sky that it is always poor viewing). Pale green or blue-green filters work best for Jupiter. They darken the belts and bring them out against the brightness of the disk.

Yes I was thinking of the placement. It was getting on for setting when I took mine and I knew that would be a problem, particularly in a city. Helps me more appreciate any effort that manages to capture details though...

Archived