Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scopos refractors

Hi.

Anyone one got any experience of these??

Was doing a genearal surf round scope stores and bumped into the Scopos TL 906 APO on Telesope-Service.com. This seems a good price for a 90mm FL600mm FPL-53 triplet. It includes decent looking rings for sub 1K euros. If i remember rightly, on Ian Kings website, he gave a good review of it's 80mm brother.

Interesting. It's the sort of size of apo refractor I've been researching for a wee while now. Wonder if it's any good.

Andy.

I don't have personal experience of these scopes but recently one of the 80mm triplet versions was offered, used but as new, for £350 inclusive of delivery on an Astro Buy & Sell site - that seemed a darn good deal for a triplet APO.

I wonder if the 90mm has cemented glass elements like the 80mm has ? - anyone know if that's a good or bad feature ?.

John

Evening John. I wondered about that too. Maybe that's why the TMB triplets are a few quid more!!!! Could they(TMB) be airspaced and therefore superior in quality? I realise this will not be the only reason, but they are most certainly superior in price........out of my price range, for sure. I can but dream.

Cheers, Andy. :D

........out of my price range, for sure. I can but dream.

Cheers, Andy. :D

Mind you top end designs are getting more affordable - probably thanks to the Synta ED scopes and Williams Optics, and brands like Scopos. Still a lot of dosh for the apeture I suppose.

John

Mmmmm. W.O. 90 apo have you. Jealousy green with, am I.

:D

But I had to sell an ED80 and a ED100 to get it ..... but it's a great scope and wonderfully put together .... and so portable :p

John

Archived