Saturday

Ant

Right Guys, according to the weather men (and they are never wrong) my next clear night is Saturday. The moon will be rising at around 8:30 :) but I should be able to get an hour in before that and maybe carry on for a little after that as well...

The plan of action is to use the scope (my primary goal) I want to use the 300D with the new LP Filter and Fringe Killer (supposed to be great when used together) on the ST102. I then plan to guide manually using a 12mm illuminated EP.

My aim is to take 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min and 5 min exposures while manually guiding, and compare the images. Once I've found the optimum (IMO) exposure I'm going to take as many as I can get, and then stack em!

My target for the night is going to be M31. I've always wanted a good image of M31 and it's something I've never managed to get yet!

Ant

BTW does anyone actually think that it may be clear saturday?

Well, it certainly looks to be improving, so fingers crossed for you buddy!

It seems ages since anyone has had a real clear night, so it would be good to get some time in!

If it is clear, I will concentrate on Mars as I have not been able to get an image since my first attempt, and it's now getting HUGE.

Archived