Saturn 27/02

rawhead

• 3 weeks later...

Much better than my first effort Jon. Was this with the DMK? That storm is definitely visible. Shame it was gusty, I always find it difficult to focus in such conditions. If it was a touch sharper the image would be perfect.

SPACEBOY

Much better than my first effort Jon. Was this with the DMK? That storm is definitely visible. Shame it was gusty, I always find it difficult to focus in such conditions. If it was a touch sharper the image would be perfect.

SPACEBOY

Thanks Nick :(

Yes it was the DMK. I'm sure I'm capable of better if conditions allow :)

Hopefully I'll get another crack tomorrow....

Cheers

Hi nice image, why only 1200 frames even at 1/15th secs, which a 8" scope should easily achieve thats about 5000 ish frames over 6 mins many more to capture good frames and beat seeing, no use limiting time at these scales, 6 mins would be fine at 1/15secs exposure. only if transparency is really bad would that exposure level not work. Defiantely the storm there

I over slept and had to move the scope with no polar alignment. (I only get an hour to image between trees)

As a consequence the planet moved pretty swiftly out of the field of view...

That said, I didn't realise I could image for 6 mins :)

Still in Jupiter mode.

Thanks Neil.

Cheers

Archived