Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation 5x Barlow

I am thinking of doing a bit of planetary imaging and was looking for opinions on this barlow.

I am on a low budget so this looks favorable to me. I will be using a DSLR (maybe webcam in the future) so will need an appropriate adapter, any suggestions? I already have a T-ring and 2" T-mount but I assume I will need the 1.25" T-mount.

not sure about dslr imaging but i have one of these barlows on a f10 sct which gives me f50 using a webcam which is maybe alittle to much, seeing needs to be good but size of image is great, but if your using it on a f5 scope which your 200p is then it should be a good choice giving you f25.

they are very well made and a good budget choice.

It's good to know it will work well on my scope, I'm not expecting TV powermate performance for the price but it will be a good start to try planetary imaging. Am I right in assuming I need the 1.25" T-mount

It's great for a scope which as less than F5 focal length, However my Skywatcher 127 with a focal length of F11.81 is not!! It will magnifier so little vibrations, even when you adjust the scope through movement and focus or even breathing on your scope, it will make the image move erractically so much, the image you look at, feel's like you are on a earth quake!!!!

Seriously I would go a try out before you buy first mate???

if your using it for imaging then it shouldn`t matter too much, when setup you don`t need to touch your mount or scope, i use it on an f10 1500mm focal length scope sct and it`s a very big image that is produced, should be alot easier on a f5 scope 1000mm or less scope.

Archived