Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New eyepiece ! 8mm Hyperion

mdstuart

Usual good service from FLO...:o

I now have the 17mm and 8mm so it will be good to compare. Its SGL6 fault. I so loved looking through the Hyperions I have been replacing my old eyepieces with these. I sold three smaller eyepieces to buy this Hyperion..

Just need some clear skies to give it a run against my TMB 6mm...

It has a small aperture at the base. Is the light cone really that small at the point it enters the eyepiece. I suppose it must be otherwise there would be a light loss?

Perhaps I may go for the 5mm Hyp at some point?

I will report back...:)

Mark

I have the 8mm hyperion and they are great :rolleyes:

Don't forget that you can unscrew the 1.25 end and its a 2" ep but now has longer focal length, plus teh Baader Fine tuning rings which can take it from 8mm through 6,5 and 4.3mm - I'm going to get a pair myself at £7-£8ea bargain!

check the table in this link http://www.baader-planetarium.com/pdf/hyperion_brief_description_e.pdf

Chris

What scope do you have SC63? Interested to know what magnifications they will give.

Off to bed now, a little too much wine has been had, along with some v loud Mumford & Sons which I, personally, can never have enough of :-)

Cheers

Well I tried the 8mm last night. Lovely sharp stars accross pretty much the whole field in a F5 dob. Much wider field than the 6mm TMB but that is to be expected. Looking at some of the faintest galaxies it is a match for the TMB in terms of contrast etc....

Now I think I need the 5mm Hyperion! Patience patience!

Mark

Archived