Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR to 300p skywatcher

hi

It's a newbie question and I have searched and found some info but not for the skywatcher 300p

I have a 300p it has a direct DSLR connector. I already have a T-ring for my Nikon. My question is, do I need another connector/adapter or does the T-ring connect directly to the scope.

thanks

My 200P's 2"/1.25" EP adapter unscrews so that the larger 2" bit screws into the T ring, don't know if that is the case for the 300P.

I did buy one an adapter similar to this so I can use a LPF as the adapter supplied with my scope is not threaded for filters.

T-ring screws on to the focusser, then it's the usual bayonet fitting the camera to the t-ring. On my scope you can leave the t-ring attached and screw the ep holder back on as well so when you want to image you just unscrew the ep holder and attach the camera to the t-ring.

Nice one.

Be good to get some clear skies. I've had two sessions of a couple of hours each since I got my 'scope a month ago :glasses1:.

It's such a pain isnt it? I spent the night adding a fan to the scope amd messing around in my shed, helped by a few mexical beers. Seriously orangy damp skies outside

Archived