Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

3/8" tripod/spreader bolt for EQ6

Dangerous-Dave

Hi folks, I'm after the long 3/8" bolt that attaches the EQ6 to the tripod and holds the spreader. Does anyone know where I can lay my hands on one? I know Astrodevelopments do a replacement knob but i need the whole bolt assembly including the retaining clip.

The original is on my Astroshed pier and I don't want to remove the pier top every time I want to use the EQ6 on a tripod as it took me ages to align.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that someone from this 'ere parish stripped a bolt when tuning their EQ6 recently and got a replacement form OVL???:glasses1: I'll see if I can find the thread.

That would be me...,

OVL have a spares department and can supply pretty much any part so I'm told....if you drop an email to them they're pretty fast to respond.

It cost me £5 for a new DEC clutch assembly and they posted straight away.

Good luck Dave

That would be me...,

OVL have a spares department and can supply pretty much any part so I'm told....if you drop an email to them they're pretty fast to respond.

It cost me £5 for a new DEC clutch assembly and they posted straight away.

Good luck Dave

Aha....so I wasn't going mad! Thanks for posting.....saves me a wee job of going searching:icon_salut:

• 1 month later...

Thankyou, OVL are indeed the right people for this part. Unfortunately they sent the wrong bolt, ie M10 bolt for HEQ5/EQ5, in the first instance. They exchanged it no problem but did not refund the £2.50 or so postage for returning the M10. Comms also left a little to be desired.

Archived