Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon EOS 1000D Question

Horus

I have a new 1000D camera and today bought the remote so I can use it in conjunction with my telescope . I've spent th best part of an hour trying to get the damn thing to work !

The remote is a .......Canon RC-6 IR Remote Control

Anyone got an easy sequence I could follow please ?

You would be better off with a programmable remote timer. That Jessops unit is just a mechanical switch, ideal for single long exposures, but naff for multiple images.

As yesyes said if you plan on using a laptop/pc then APT will handle everything for you.

I have both a cable release and an IR release for my 450D. The problem with the IR one is that you almost have to stand directly in front of the camera about 5ft away for it to work...hence i never use it. The cable release i have is better but not programmable.

I really need to get myself a programmable release cable.

Have you tried EOS utility? I should be on the CD which came with your camera.

With a laptop/netbook and a simple USB cable, you can remote control your camera - long time exposure, series like "20 shots with 3min exposure time and a 5sec interval between shots", whatever you fancy ;-)

Plus, you can use it to focus your camera. You get the live view picture on your computer screen, and with 5x zoom, it's rather easy achieve focus (go to a bright star with ISO 1600 and "Bulb" to do that).

It's a great tool for astrofotography,and it comes free with your camera. I use it with my EOS 1000D and a rather basic 1.6 Ghz netbook.

Wolfgang

Archived