Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any photos of tonights moon?

I'd love to see a good pic of tonight's moon if there are any about.

It was the first time I looked at it through binos and I was fascinated by the shadows on the craters.

The only problem was caused by my lack of a tripod.

Delerium Tremens seems to set in as soon as I pick 'em up!

There was a lot of detail at the top of the left side of the crescent but I couldn't quite pin it down.

Can you help?

Andy

If you can't run to a tripod (and perhaps even if you can), find a chair to sit in. That helps keep the bins steady. I use a reclining patio chair and it makes life much easier.

No photos of the moon tonight, mind. The seeing was so poor when I was looking at the moon that the surface was dancing about all over the place and wouldn't stay in focus.

James

Same here... First clear night for what at least feels like many weeks, but the seeing was pretty bad. Did attempt a few DSLR shots, but they're a fuzzy mess.

Did manage to track down what i'm pretty certain is SN2011B before it fades from view though, so not a total waste :(

Archived