NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Import Duty & VAT within EU?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but am I right in thinking that goods bought online from within the EU are not subject to Import Duty and VAT?

I'm seriously considering ordering a scope from AMP in Germany and don't want any nasty surprises. Sadly no one in the UK appears to stock the Antares 127/1200 achromat, or do they???

Thanks in advance,

Jon

go and collect it, probably make a nice weekend and you dont have worry about the boxes getting smashed up along the way..

you can ferry UK to Germany via Amsterdam in luxury with your car and another person for Around £130.00

VAT or what ever it is called is paid in the country (within the EU) off purchase, no further taxes to be paid, just keep your receipt. It is all to do with the free movement of goods and services.

Thanks guys, and yes Michael, I meant APM. Doh!

The shipping is a hefty €95 which is a bit of a bummer.

Great idea Rols, a weekend in Germany would be great but the fuel cost would be horrendous.

Thanks guys, and yes Michael, I meant APM. Doh!

The shipping is a hefty €95 which is a bit of a bummer.

Great idea Rols, a weekend in Germany would be great but the fuel cost would be horrendous.

I noticed their shipping costs to the UK are WAY out of line with those in the Netherlands, where I live. I paid 9 euros shipping costs on my APM 80mm + flattener. I really do not know why the shipping to the UK costs so much.

I thought it was steep. After checking their shipping calculator, the quote was (I think) €44 for 10kg, yet became €78 once I added the scope to the cart. I also added a carrying case for €89 which bumped the total shipping up to €95.

Trouble is, I haven't been able to find either of these items for sale in the UK.

Archived