Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Noob's First Light

Astro Imp

Hi,

Clear skies at last and a chance to try out the new scope.

Set it up late afternoon and left it outside waiting for darkness.

As it got dark so the clouds drifted in. But I'm a quick learner :D. I'd been caught before here:- First Light???

So had some dinner, cup of coffee and nipped out , starting to clear.

I would have liked to spy Jupiter but have a resticted view to the west so started with The Pleiades (M45), what a sight ;):D, couldn't believe seeing this with my own eyes.

Then had a quick look at Aldebaran, very nice but couldn't wait to have another look at M45, just as good second time around but with my EP (25mm) couldn't take it all in and had to pan around. Looked to see any nebulosity but didn't manage to see any.

Next down to Orion for M42, just had to see this for myself. Well I didn't find it easily had a couple of goes, and there it was just a faint smudge, wasn't sure that I had found it or if I was looking at dirt on the EP. Tried averted vision and there it was BRILLIANT. Was I chuffed? :p:D:D

By this time I was getting really cold (wimp!!) with ice forming on everything and just had a quick scan around.

Must get to a dark site, although I live on the edge of a village half the neighbours have lights on and off and one a couple of doors away has flood lights that would grace Old Trafford ;)

Forgive my rambling but I'm sure you were all like this with your first observations.

Can't wait for the next time, hope it's a bit less cold.

Thanks for reading.

Archived