Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY8 + 35yr old lens = Orion

After seeing some of the results obtained using an SLR lens and a CCD, I wanted to have a go.

I had an old Pentacon 30mm wideangle lens, to go with my qhy8.

This is just a quick stack of the central portion of the image, full size covered about twice the sky, but it was poor at the edges, and contained a good view of my obsy wall ;)

Couldn't be bothered to deal with the dust motes etc as it is just a trial image, so hopefully with a bit of work there may be some potential to the method. I have another lens to try too but need to figure out a way to get the aperture pin to stay depressed.

Cheers

post-14037-133877525236_thumb.jpg

ssshh....

Either that or I had the wrong mushrooms for tea...

The skies aren't brill but its the first time I have been out since 21/10/2010 that the depressing thing about the Synscan handset it remembers when it was used last...

New toys Monday/Tuesday so wall to wall clouds...

Billy....

Oh hang on

Peter... as I have been out imaging again...

This is the full frame coverage, complete with my lovely skyglow. That is what makes it THROUGH the CLS filter :D:( This was taken while Orion was at its highest point, and my southerly view is the least light polluted :p

Now you see why I prefer narrowband imaging ;)

post-14037-133877525268_thumb.jpg

Nice work Tim... Although I had similar looking effects with a similar age lens, that I don't get with the newer Canon lenses designed for digital... I think you're getting some internal reflections as well, I was.

Yes, could be John, Billy was explaining about anti reflection coatings on the rear glass element as well as on the front. Not sure any of my canon lenses will fit easily to the CCD though. Will look tomorrow

Archived