Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first saturn

yoda

Hi all clear skys again lastnight, I have had my scope since wednesday and been able to go out three times fantastic. Lastnight was great alltho ice formed on my scope at about 1.00AM (-3). All the sights whear firsts for my,Paresepe (M44)Bode's nebula(M81-M82) but the hightlight of the night was Saturn and three of her moons whot an amazing sight with a 10mm EP (x120). I am looking fowrard to the end of the month to get payed so I can buy a x2 or a x3 barlow to get a better look at her stunning colour and clear as cristal even with the LP hear (looking over a street light to see her) all the best and hopefully more clear skys.;)

I saw Saturn for the first time last night as well, after about 45 minutes of trying to find M81-82 (which i couldn't grr).

I looked to the southeast at about 12 and thought isn't Saturn supposed to be rising now? Checked Google Sky maps, and yup there it was just above the horizon.

Viewing wasn't great as i had all the hot air rising from Swindon in the way, and it was still pretty low, but blimey, bringing the scope into focus and seeing the rings resolve was an amazing feeling, just seeing that beautiful planet hanging there with 3 moons also visable, just amazing! And like the OP i now want a 2x Barlow for that bit more detail ;)

Happy days (or should that be nights)

Great stuff Virgojones fantastic looking planet. As for (M81-82) Bode's nebula a guy on hear told me to find ursa major and the stars phad and dubhe follow that line at about the same distance again and you shoud find them.good luck it worked for me.

Yeah i tried that, unfortunately i had a street light shining in my eyes while trying to line up my finder scope which made it very difficult to pick anything out in the direction. I think i might need a red-dot finder scope.

However i did split Mizar and it's companion (not Alcor) in Ursa Major. Which i was rather please with.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived