SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

is this venus ?

Hi last week cant remember what date but it was early morning i looked at stellerium and it pointed out venus so i took this picture and am not sure - around that time someone on here was saying about venus having a arc of light or something like that and when i looked at this object through binos it did seem to have a arc of light over it . Please can some tell me if this is venus or i have just seen something else - i do hope i have made sense

picture link : http://stargazerslounge.com/members/dazraz-albums-bits-n-bobs-picture8587-a.jpg

Regards

Bit hard to tell from that picture alone, but Venus is very obvious on clear mornings at about 6:30am as it'll probably be the only "star" you can see. It should appear in the Eastern sky.

What time did you take the picture?

it was about 4am

I could be very wrong, but I would have thought Venus would have been much brighter compared to the background sky at 4am. Venus should have been the brightest thing you could see in the sky at the time (other than the moon). If you think it was, then the chances are you probably did capture it.

Archived