Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Definitely my last M42...

namreg

... until I've overhauled my EQ5, sometime when. I need more data and can't get it with 30 second exposures. Hopefully the overhaul will enable me to hit an unthinkable 90 seconds! :D

This one's better framed than my previous efforts, and the running man is just about visible, which is nice. Pleased considering there was a big moon up there.

21/1/2011

200p/EQ5 unguided

Nikon D70 full spectrum prime focus, ISO 1600

70x30 second

10x10 second for the core

22 darks

30 bias

10 flats

Stacked in DSS and processed in CS5

Advice and comments very welcome! :evil1:

post-21238-133877521443_thumb.jpg

Hi Doug,

Looking at the stars in the center of the photo it looks like you could sneak a few more seconds as things stand. For 1000mm on an EQ5 I think you have things under control quite well. I shy away from such long FLs.

I downloaded your photo to have a good look and I think you've clipped the blacks. This tends to knock out some of the faint stuff around the Nebs so I think you have more to show.

70 subs ! I don't know how you do it :D

Don't stop. Keep them coming.

Dave.

PS. Where are you getting the clear skies from ?

Cheers guys.

I think you've clipped the blacks
I'll have certainly clipped the blacks Dave. As soon as I think I've squeezed as much as I'm likely to get out of it, I tend to do that to give it a little more contrast - probably shouldn't, but there you go! I'd stretched it about as far it was going to let me by then though!

Took 104 subs, and used 70. But with my trusty AM3 intervalometer - you won't catch me outside freezing my nuts off anymore! :D

Archived