NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help connecting Nikon Coolpix 5700

you might have seen my efforts with the Coolpix 5700 earlier. Now I want to get it connected to my 'Scope. Has anybody done this before? I have got an UR-E8 adapter as well. I think this has a 50mm thread on it but I cannot find any adapters that fit. Has any body got any ideas or do I need to get in touch with Ambermile :)

This is what I use with my 5400 Blinky but i'ts expensive :shock:

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLang=001lngdef&pointerid=FF83D60A06CD4FAF978FC176B2EE2C30&action=lnk

It is however the best bar none.

You could get a much cheaper bracket as suggested to hold the camera but it will take you

a while to get the camera perfectly in line with the eyepiece :)

Blinky,

Does the 5700 have a 28mm thread on the front lens??? If so, have a look at the thread I had for my 990 Coolpix. I used two adaptors [needed to form one connection, from camera to E.P.].

Will update with the link in five mis, unless someone else beats me to it :)

Here it is, I think: http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/index.php?topic=6505.msg71426#msg71426

Gepetto I saw that adapter but it is a bit pricey! I am not even sure I will buy this camera from my mate or not. Jaffa007 the 5700 nhas I think a 52mm thread, or the adapter that I have got has got a 52mm thread on it.

I have found somebody on ebay selling the same eyepiece adapter as I have and he mentions 'In order to connect the F-adapter to your Nikon Coolpix 8800 8700 8400 5700 5400 a lens adapter tube with 52mm filter thread (or any other when using appropriate stepping rings) is REQUIRED, e.g. Raynox RT5253NT for Nikon 5700/8700. The camera should be zoomed to full telephoto.'

I have managed to source and order the Raynox adapter that is mentioned so hopefully thats me sorted...and all for a tenner!!!

Good site that one, I already had a borchure of thiers given to me by a local astro shop. The adapter I ordered arrived today and seems to fit very well. Just need a clear sky to try it out, maybe in the New Year sometime......

Archived