NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Even with both my hands!...

First off, have you got Stellarium installed, its FREE and easy to find on google.

Currently, Uranus is about 45 degrees below Jupiter on the right hand side. When you look through your scope, you will see two moons sat either side of Jupiter. Choose the side where the two moons are furthest apart, the more distant one is Ganymede. The reason I'm explaining it this way is because I don't know what scope you've got so cannot tell how the sky will appear to you at the eyepiece. If you take a line from Jupiter through Ganymede and carry on about twelve times that distance you will arrive at Uranus. You will pass on the way about three or four stars as you travel along this line. You will notice that the stars you pass twinkle a little but you will come to a small object that does not and is a subtle blue colour, this is Uranus.

Hope you find it!

James

Hi Danielson, i found Uranus the other Night...With the way telescope inverts the image as it were(same as my Skyliner 200p).....If you imagine Uranus is at 4`o clock at the moment, you want to be looking at 10pm in your scope....But you still have to move the scope towards 4`o clock(from starting at Jupiter) to get scope moving in right direction...Sorry if confusing, thats easiest way i can explain!!..Hope it helps!!...:D

Hi Danielson, i found Uranus the other Night...With the way telescope inverts the image as it were(same as my Skyliner 200p).....If you imagine Uranus is at 4`o clock at the moment, you want to be looking at 10pm in your scope....But you still have to move the scope towards 4`o clock to get scope moving in right direction...Sorry if confusing, thats easiest way i can explain!!..Hope it helps!!...:D

I couldnt decide between 2 o clock and 10 o clock. I'm never sure which was scopes rotate/flip images.

Archived