NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best double star book

Hi all

I am hoping to get a double star book soon and wonder if people could please confirm their favourites and recommend one for me to use at the scope?

I am currently considering either The Cambridge Double Star Atlas: Amazon.co.uk: James Mullaney, Wil Tirion: Books or Double Stars for Small Telescopes: More Than 2,100 Stellar Gems for Backyard Observers Stargazing: Amazon.co.uk: Sissy Haas: Books

Anyone have these and care to give a view please?

I'd definitely prefer a book and know about the various sheets you can download but I find them a bit annoying to use.

Cheers!

Shane

I've got the Cambridge double star atlas. I like it a lot, just two critcisms, most

of the entries do not state the position angle, and the index maps are buried some

distance into the book. I scanned the index maps and put them inside the front

cover where they are easy to find.

Mine is an early edition from two years ago, maybe these problems have been

sorted in later editions.

Best regards, Ed.

cheers Ed

That's great 3-0!

I don't mind your first issue as when I get round to sketching them it will be a double check that I saw the split if I don't know what it's supposed to look like beforehand. :)

I agree on the second one. The end or the beginning is the only place for an index!

Archived