Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepieces

While still enjoyng my newish scope (synscan 12 goto dob) i want to see better, scope came with 10mm and 25mm.

I would like to get closer views of jupiter at the moment, while the 10mm gives a crisp view its just about useable because i wear glasses.

Do i need to buy planetery eyepieces or are there plossls with better eye relief available?

Aslo how low can i go with this scope?

O yea I have no light or air pollution.

Looking forward to some of your opinions

There is the TMB Planetary clone for £36 which has 14mm eye relief and 58deg afov.

Or the really nice SPL that Alan has mentioned.

For a lot more money there is the Televue Radian 8mm and Pentax XF 8.5mm. These two are top notch quality eyepieces with generous eyerelief and Orthoscopic rivalling optical quality and a big 60deg apparent field of view.

The Pentax varies in price from £99 to £150.

While the TV Radian is more fixed around the £175 mark and is available in more sizes to suit. Although 6mm will give 250x, which will be pushing it most nights of the year. And more than Jupiter can handle most of the time.

Archived