Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another ep question

OK guys and gals, I've been out tonight and I was getting a much brighter view using my new Tal barlow and 32mm celestron plossl than I was with the ep's that came with the scope (automaster 130eq). Is that just because new ep's are better or is it to do with a bigger magnification on the other ep's?

I think I know the answer but just want to check :)

You new eyepiece and barlow are probably better quality than the supplied eyepieces. The figuring (shaping) of the glass lenses, the coatings they put on the lenses and the way that stray light within the eyepiece is controlled will all be better on the Celestron plossl and TAL barlow. You do get what you pay for generally with astro equipment. I guess if they provided really decent eyepieces with the scope, they would have to charge significantly more for it !.

OK guys and gals, I've been out tonight and I was getting a much brighter view using my new Tal barlow and 32mm celestron plossl than I was with the ep's that came with the scope (automaster 130eq). Is that just because new ep's are better or is it to do with a bigger magnification on the other ep's?

I think I know the answer but just want to check :)

Are you tempted to add some more eyepieces to the collection now you know how poor the originals were?

Archived