Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PI - First STF looks very red - Why?

Not sure whether this is something I should be tackling in PI at the beginning of the processing or just leave it until DBE sorts it out.

When I load my DSS FTS file into PI - Settings not applied - and do the first SFT my image is extremely red / orange. When I use the DBE tool, it takes the redness out of the image and from there on in the colour is fine.

My question is whether it is best to leave my processing like this and let the DBE tool fix it, or, whether it would be beneficial for me to sort it out independently.

If you suggest the latter - What tool should I use?

Hi

Dslr have a tendency to be very red :D its their nature

If you find DBE sort all your problems out just continue , But some times I find the image is that red I cannot see where to put the DBE samples and these cases I use the background neutralization tool first which will help balance the image a bit first and then use the DBE tool to finish of :)

Regards Harry

Archived