NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First ever image, as promised! Jupiter

Scubadude

Foolishly but as promised here- http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/113699-philips-spc880nc-now-21.html#post1643894

My first humble attempt with the newly flashed Philips web cam on my humble Tal 1m, not ideal conditions, rather windy and some scudding cloud.

May have over processed it but here it is.... (Used Craterlet and Registax)

(possibly upside down too :))

Hadn't intended so much magnification but couldn't focus the cam without the barlow confusingly, still- its a start.

post-17319-13387751832_thumb.jpg

Cheers Folks!

Clearly lots to learn, I suspect I can improve the image above by making further attempts to stack, optimise and tune the image once i have a better idea what I'm doing :-)

Certainly have to hand it to all the great engineers who wrote the various bits of freeware I've downloaded to do this, some of it is really well done and all of it very powerful.

I also captured some footage of the moon but couldn't work out how to clean that up, it didn't seem to process as well as the Jupiter footage.

• 11 months later...

Archived