Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Powertank Peripherals Cables

Hey,

I run my mount from a powertank underneath. I was wondering two things.

Does anyone run their laptop via a powertank 12V lighter cable and the same for a DSLR? Neither of the batteries last long for my sessions, but the powertank powers on for hours.

Thanks,

Adam

I'm running all of my system off a 110Ahr 12v deep cycle leisure battery. The laptop is powered via one of the 12v-19v maplins adaptor and the camera is run from an Astronomisers camera supply. The battery also powers the NEQ6 Pro mount, a powered hub via a regulated supply and all the other leads etc needed for guided astrophotography.

Adz - the battery grip for your camera could be an option. It has a much longer life than the standard battery.

I run my laptop off the power tank as Dave says that maplin multi charger will do thr job. Although I bought a cheap one off ebay as i only have a crusty old laptop :)

Archived