NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Webcam.

Philips SPC900NC uncovered

This url explains how it's done, I wouldn't even try it myself. I'm clueless really. but it's a very interesting read though.

Wondering if I should get modded verison or unmodded? any different in quality of pictures?

I don't suppose there'd be any point in modding if there wasn't an improvement is DSO images. But as mentioned above earlier, they can be used un-modded with success for planets and the moon and such.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

When the lens is unscrewed from the SPC880 and the adapter fitted, is there any risk of dust getting onto the CCD chip. Is there any seal between the CCD chip and the outside world? Or is it best to purchase the IR filter just to close off the CCD chip environment anyway?

Reason i ask is because when i did this with another webcam (an old CMOS) it didnt take too long for dust to settle and scatter all over the image.

Hope my question makes sense!

Thanks

When the lens is unscrewed from the SPC880 and the adapter fitted, is there any risk of dust getting onto the CCD chip. Is there any seal between the CCD chip and the outside world? Or is it best to purchase the IR filter just to close off the CCD chip environment anyway?

Reason i ask is because when i did this with another webcam (an old CMOS) it didnt take too long for dust to settle and scatter all over the image.

Hope my question makes sense!

Thanks

I think you should make a new topic about that question that way people will reply to you.

goodluck.

.... Or is it best to purchase the IR filter just to close off the CCD chip environment anyway?....Thanks

The webcam won't give satisfactory results without an IR filter, so you're going need one anyway.

Archived